Francois Louw is the household name that should always alter in your life regardless. Known as an image and beauty specialist, TV Presenter and brand ambassador of note! As an individual that is constantly surrounded within the ‘Fashion Avenue’, I just had to confabulate to him and find out what makes him to always look so Modish:
Who is Francois Louw I asked him? He answered by saying: Francois is passionate about the beauty industry and how it can help people enhance their image and confidence. Francois’ natural flair for beauty and open, friendly personality allows him to connect with people everywhere he goes.
A brand ambassador on note, he is! I am sure, you are dying to read which brands he represents? Well, Francois represents 3 brands. Avroy Shlain Cosmetics, one of the largest cosmetic companies in South Africa, Diesel Eyewear and also the high-end salon LDR in Douglasdale.
How does Francois define his style? I had to find out what gives him that inspiration. He told me that when it comes to his own style, you will realize that Francois is always dressed as if he is attending the next event meeting or interview. He believes that looking the part plays an important role in his industry and can never have an ‘off day’.
What makes his fashion sense discrepant from everyone else, you ask yourself? Francois stated that: He believes that beauty has many different elements and in order to be an expert on Image, you need to understand and be well trained on all of them. Fashion is a small element when it comes to one’s image, and that is why Francois is different in this ‘game’. He has knowledge about all of these facets.
As an image and Fashion specialist and TV Presenter, it must be complex to do everything in one. How do you juggle everything? One thing about my schedule you need to know; it is not just an 8-5 job. Sometimes I need to be ready at night, early in the morning or even over the weekends. It is all about planning and how you can make everything you do work to its best advantage. With a good team behind me and managing me, anything is possible, he said.
What do you think will be the trends for Winter? Lots of coats and elements of fur. And don’t forget ROSEGOLD! A big element for this coming season.
People complicate Autumn with Winter. What should people avoid during Autumn? Luckily in South Africa our Autumn are so nice, it is far from the winter chills. If you want to be and look different, try not to wear the same colour shades in Autumn as you would in Winter.
You help individuals enhance their image and confidence. What can you say you do differently with your services? One thing about Francois, that people should know is that he is always open and friendly and that one of the elements that makes him so successful. People can relate to his personality. When it comes to my services for corporate companies and SMS’s I always tailor make it to their needs and what the need for their employees.
Any advice that he can instil to some individuals that want to achieve things that he has? Francois stated the following:
- Groom yourself. This is one of my secrets. Put everything down and go to a salon. It does not matter if it is to do your hair, to have a facial or just a pedicure, it will make you feel better immediately. There have been days when I turned my mood around completely with this one little thing.
- Dress well. If you are well-suited, you’ll feel good about yourself. You’ll feel successful, respectable and ready to tackle the world. Dressing well means something different for everyone, it doesn’t automatically mean wearing an expensive outfit, but could mean casual clothes that are nice looking and modest.
- Stand tall. The moment I remind myself to stand tall and straight, I feel better about myself. I envisage that a rope is pulling the top of my head toward the sky, and the rest of my body straightens as a result. People who stand tall and confident are more attractive. That’s a superior entity in my book any day.
- Be appreciative. Anyone who knows me for a long time knows that I’m a firm believer in appreciation. But I put it here because while being grateful for what you have in life, for what others have given you, is a very humble activity. It can also be a positive and rewarding exercise that will improve your self-image.
- Take action, act positive. More than just thinking positive, you have to put it into action. Action, actually, is the key to developing self-confidence. It’s one thing to learn to think positively, but when you start acting on it, you change yourself, one action at a time. Act in a positive way, take action instead of telling yourself you can’t be positive. Talk to individuals in an optimistic way, put energy into your actions. You’ll soon start to notice a remarkable difference.
Well, Francois said everything from Fashion, being a brand ambassador and his career as an image and beauty specialist! Francois Louw is yet to reign in the Fashion Industry, better yet, OWN it!
“You are what you do, and so if you change what you do, you change what you are” – Francois Louw.