Its Friday! Time to get something that will keep your taste buds begging for more. Today, we have a dish that is a mouthful, yes, I know that it is not that easy to pronounce but hey, the more complicated the name of the dish is, the more divine it tastes.
So, without wasting anytime, lets see how Chef Linda prepared today’s dish.
Ingredients list is as follows:
2 large potatoes, diced
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 thyme sprigs
2 rosemary sprigs, roughly chopped
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
1 teaspoon sliced shallot
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 large yellow onion, chopped
prime filet steak
2 heads red leaf lettuce, leaves separated
2 large tomatoes, quartered and sliced
1/4 blue cheese, crumbled
This how the dish was prepared. Let us see how the dish was prepared:
1. Preheat oven to 375° and grill to high.
2. Toss first 4 ingredients (through rosemary sprigs); place on a baking sheet. Roast the potatoes for 25 minutes or until golden; set aside.
3. Combine vinegar and next 6 ingredients (through sugar) in a blender. Add 1/2 cup oil in a thin stream; blend. Add 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside.
4. While potatoes roast, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a pan over medium heat. Sauté onion 10-12 minutes or until caramelized; set aside.
5. Season steaks with remaining salt and pepper. Reduce grill to medium-high; cook steaks for about 7 minutes per side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; let rest 3 minutes before slicing into cubes.
6. Toss lettuce with tomato and blue cheese; add the potatoes and onion. Drizzle with dressing; toss. Top with steak; serve.
This exquisite and mouth-watering dish takes about 10 minutes to prepare and relatively about 39 minutes to cook.
“Cooking is like love. It should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” -Harriet van Horne