Its Friday and we just want nothing to do but indulge in the beautiful weekend ahead of us but hey, why not just look into something that will be of better paramount to your health!
Today, we have a new expedition that will give you a killer figure that will make everyone at the beach go absolutely barmy or make one of your friends ask you about that secret diet that you have just started (you wouldn’t want to let them know obviously) but in this case, tell them not to look any further because Fashionable Food Friday is here to keep you (and your friends, of course) staying healthy as always and as for the gents, you better not worry anymore because Chef Linda is here to give you everything that you need to make the girls drool over that super-sizzling body of yours!
The dish for today is: Grilled Shrimp Wrap, prepared by the eloquent Chef Linda, this dish (served for 4) will make your taste buds go absolutely loony (certified by the chef himself).
So, without wasting any time here is the ingredients list:
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided, plus additional for brushing grill
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
3/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt, divided
2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
2 cucumbers (about 1 pound)
Black pepper, to taste
1 pint cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 pound)
1 small red onion, cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick rings
4 whole-grain flatbreads
8 small romaine leaves (optional)
Since you have all your ingredients sorted out, here is how you prepare it:
1. Preheat grill.
2. Rinse shrimp, and pat dry. Stir together 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1 tablespoon each dill and oregano in a medium bowl. Add the shrimp, and toss to combine. Marinate, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
3. Stir together 1/4 cup yogurt, half of garlic, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon dill in a serving bowl. With a vegetable peeler, cut cucumbers into lengthwise ribbons, discarding the largely seeded core. Toss cucumber ribbons with yogurt mixture and pepper, to taste.
4. Combine the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt with remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, remaining 1 tablespoon dill, and remaining garlic in a small serving bowl for raita sauce. Season with pepper, to taste.
5. Toss tomatoes and onion with remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil in a bowl. Grill shrimp with tomatoes and onion in a lightly oiled well-seasoned cast-iron skillet or grill pan, turning once, 5 minutes or until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through, tomatoes are softened, and onion is golden brown and tender. Transfer to a plate; cover and keep warm.
6. Grill flatbread until golden brown and slightly crisp. Transfer to 4 serving plates; top evenly with cucumber salad, shrimp, onions, tomatoes, and lettuce.
This amazing dish takes roughly about 20 minutes to prepare, 15 minutes to cook (no need to be stressed about standing near the stove for hours) and 10 minutes to marinate.
Of course, all that you have to do is to serve and enjoy (Modishly of course).
“One Of The Very Nicest Things About Life Is The Way We Must Regularly Stop Whatever It Is We Are Doing And Devote Our Attention To Eating”